Scott Quinnell and Mark Taylor are major fitness concerns as Llanelli face an injury crisis ahead of their make or break Heineken Cup clash against Northampton Saints.
The Scarlets could be without as many as seven internationals for this Sunday's Pool 4 decider at Franklin's Gardens.
Quinnell retired early from last week's victory over The Borders with a groin strain and would be a major loss after scoring five tries in as many pool games this campaign.
Fellow British Lion Taylor is still struggling with a knee problem picked up in Agen where Irish flanker Simon Easterby also broke a bone in his hand.
"We are just trying to give both Mark and Simon as much time as we can to recover," said Llanelli director of rugby Gareth Jenkins.
There was further frustration for club captain Leigh Davies and Mark Jones who both made their long-awaited return from lengthy lay-offs.
Jones suffered a relapse with his troublesome knee that has kept him out since the World Cup while injury-plagued Davies pulled his hamstring in training.
Meanwhile props John Davies bruised his foot while Iestyn Thomas sprained his ankle while training with Wales on Monday.
The mounting injury list is so acute that Jenkins has been forced to delay both naming his team - and even training - ahead of the club's biggest game of the season.
But it is the injury to Thomas which worsened his mood after complaining about the demands placed upon players by the weekly national training sessions amid a vital week in the Heineken Cup.
"These injuries could not have come at a worse time, it's looking pretty precarious at the moment and we even had to call a halt to training because there were so many that couldn't take part," said Jenkins.
"I feel we have strength in depth to cover injuries but it is the disruption that is the main concern.
"The international training every Monday has not helped our situation. We have dealt with it but we could have done without losing six, seven or eight players from training for such an important game."
The directors of ERC voted unanimously at a Board meeting to postpone all decisions including the release of further instalments of ERC's distributable central revenues to the six shareholder countries until 19 February next when the Board will meet again to reconsider the issue.