The venues for the Heineken Cup semi-finals on the weekend of 26 / 27 April have been selected by tournament organisers ERC.
Following the draw for the semi-final pairings, ERC considered a range of venue options for the possible match-ups and four venues have now been selected
The quarter-finals are due to be played this weekend and the winners of the games between London Irish and Perpignan and Saracens and Ospreys will have 'home country' advantage in the semi-finals.
The semi-final options are as follows:
London Irish v Toulouse or Cardiff Blues - Twickenham Stadium, Twickenham - Capacity: 80,000
Perpignan v Toulouse or Cardiff Blues - Stade de la Mosson, Montpellier - Capacity: 32,000
Saracens v Munster or Gloucester Rugby - Ricoh Arena, Coventry - Capacity: 32,000
Ospreys v Munster or Gloucester Rugby - Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - Capacity: 74,600
Jean-Pierre Lux, the ERC Chairman, said: "Heineken Cup rugby is set to re-emerge with four exciting quarter-finals this weekend when many of the stars of the recent RBS Six Nations will take centre stage once again.
"In order to showcase the best rugby playing talent in the northern hemisphere, as well as ensure a wonderful experience for the growing number of fans who follow this tournament, we have pre-selected the venues for the semi-finals.
"We are delighted to have four world-class stadia on stand-by in France, England and Wales to host the various semi-final options. This means fans will know exactly where they are going once their team has won through to the last four. A quarter-final win for Perpignan will see the competition break new ground with a game at the impressive Stade de La Mosson in Montpellier, which hosted several World Cup games earlier in the year. "
Tickets for the Heineken Cup semi-finals will go sale on Sunday, 6 April. See ercrugby.com for details.
The selection of the four venues means:
* The Millennium Stadium could hold its first Heineken Cup semi-final.
* The Millennium Stadium has hosted two Heineken Cup finals (2002 and 2006) and one Pool match (Cardiff Blues v Leicester Tigers) in 2006.
* The 14 Ospreys who helped Wales win the Grand Slam this season could return to the scene of their final triumph, the Millennium Stadium.
* Munster won the Heineken Cup at the Millennium Stadium in 2006 and were runners-up in 2002. They also won the Celtic Cup there.
* Twickenham could hold its first Heineken Cup semi-final.
* Twickenham Stadium was the venue for the 2007 Heineken Cup final when the game between London Wasps and Leicester Tigers attracted a world record club crowd of 81,076.
* Twickenham also hosted the 2000 and 2004 Heineken Cup finals and was the venue for a Pool match (Harlequins v Munster) in 2005.
* London Irish won the Powergen Cup at Twickenham in 2002 and lost to Harlequins in the Guinness Premiership London Double Header at the venue on 15 September, 2007.
* The Ricoh Arena, home of Coventry City FC, hosted the 2007 semi-final between London Wasps and Northampton Saints. It was also used by London Wasps for their opening Pool match this season against Munster.
* Stade de la Mosson could become the 83rd venue to host a Heineken Cup match if it is used.
* Rugby Word Cup winner Percy Montgomery could return to the venue of South Africa's 65-15 win over USA in the 2007 Rugby World Cup if Perpignan make it through to the semi-finals.
Heineken Cup quarter-finals
(All kick-offs LOCAL time)
Saturday, 5 April
London Irish v Perpignan (15.00)
Gloucester Rugby v Munster (17.30)
Sunday, 6 April
Saracens v Ospreys (12.30)
Toulouse v Cardiff Blues (16.00)
As part of the build-up to next month's Cardiff 2014 Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup finals weekend, ERC has joined forces with the WRU, Cardiff Blues and adidas to develop an annual grassroots community rugby programme targeting young players.
The Ulster Rugby full back, Jared Payne (No 15), has been suspended for two (2) weeks following an independent Disciplinary Hearing in Dublin arising from the Heineken Cup quarter-final match against Saracens at Ravenhill Stadium on Saturday, 5 April.