* Stade Francais Paris are attempting to make it third time lucky in a European final, beaten in the 2001 and 2005 Heineken Cup finals.
* The 2011 final will be the 1,110th tournament match.
* The first four finals were all strictly French affairs won by Bourgoin, Colomiers, Montferrand and Pau before Harlequins broke the monopoly in 2001 - and beat Narbonne in extra time for their first title.
* Stade Francais Paris are only the fifth team from France to qualify for an Amlin Challenge Cup final since 2001. The others have been Toulon last season, Bourgoin in 2009, ASM Clermont Auvergne (the 2004 finalists and 2007 winners) and 2005 finalists Pau.
* The tournament final attendance record is the 48,990 who were in Marseille a year ago when Cardiff Blues beat Toulon 28-21.
* The only non English or French teams to play in a tournament final are last season's winners Cardiff Blues and Pontypridd, who were beaten by Sake Sharks in 2002.
* Two finals have needed extra time to decide the winner. Harlequins finally beat Narbonne in Reading in 2001 and Gloucester Rugby beat London Irish at the Twickenham Stoop in 2006.
* Three clubs have done the European double. Two years ago Northampton Saints joined Bath Rugby and London Wasps in winning both the Heineken Cup and the Amlin Challenge Cup.
* The biggest win in a final was when Colomiers beat Agen by 38 points in 1998. They also scored a tournament record seven tries in their 43-5 romp.
* The 2008 final between Bath Rugby and Worcester Warriors clash was the third all-English final, following London Wasps v Bath (2003) and Gloucester Rugby v London Irish (2006).
* The most points (78) and tries (nine) scored in a tournament final came in 2003 when London Wasps beat Bath Rugby 48-30 at the Madejski Stadium in Reading.