Wasps, meanwhile, who like Leinster have tasted success in winning the Heineken Cup, have lost their last two games at home against Northampton Saints and Saracens. "Now is it all about character. We have got to pick ourselves, bounce back and come out a little bit better and we know we have the ability to do that," explained Young after the defeat to table-topping Saracens.
Leinster will be without Brian O'Driscoll, who is still suspended after being cited for a stamping incident in Ireland's final RBS 6 Nations game against Italy, and Jonny Sexton is still sidelined with the foot tendon injury he picked up in Rome.
But even without those two back line talisman, as well as a third in the injured Luke Fitzgerald, there is still enough talent and fire-power behind the Leinster scrum to achieve a semi-final ticket. Ian Madigan has stepped seamlessly into Sexton's shoes and will be key to their chances.
Opposite him could be the wily old Wales and British & Irish Lions star Stephen Jones and the battle of the boots will be crucial. Leinster won't have experienced the pace of Christian Wade before and Billy Vunipola's raw power from the home back row will challenge the more established ball carrying threat of Sean O'Brien and Jamie Heaslip.
- Wasps have never faced Irish opposition in this tournament, though in the Heineken Cup they have won nine of 13 meetings with Irish clubs, including two of three against Leinster.
- Leinster have never featured in the Amlin Challenge Cup before but have faced English opposition on 38 occasions in the Heineken Cup. They have won 26, drawn one and lost 11.
- Only two other players have made more tackles than Wasps back row, James Haskell, in this season's Amlin Challenge Cup. Haskell has completed 63 and missed only four.
- Wasps winger Tom Varndell has the best average gain (13.8m) of all players in the Amlin Challenge Cup this season (15+ carries).
- Leinster's ball retention at rucks and mauls was the best of any club in the Heineken Cup pool stage. They won 97% of rucks when in possession and also averaged 89 won per game, more than any other side.