Jonny Wilkinson and his team-mates are one of only three unbeaten sides left in this season's Heineken Cup, along with ASM Clermont Auvergne and Harlequins, and won't want to surrender that record.
Toulon have reached their second quarter-final in only their second season of Heineken Cup rugby and have already proved their glittering squad is becoming a major force in Europe.
Montpellier, who are in only their second season of Heineken Cup rugby, will still have their sights set on a quarter-finals place as one of the two best runners-up in this season's tournament.
Toulon recorded a comfortable 37-6 home victory in the Pool opener against Montpellier but know they face a completely different task at the Stade Yves du Manoir.
Both sides come into this final game with two impressive victories under their belts, with Toulon beating the Cardiff Blues 45-25 in the last round and Montpellier beating Sale Sharks 27-6.
- Montpellier have won their last four Heineken Cup matches. Their only defeat in the tournament this season was 16-37 in Toulon in Round 1.
- The only other French club to have won at Montpellier in ERC competitions was ASM Clermont Avuergne (18-16) at the old Stade Paul Sabathe in the 1997/98 European Conference.
- Toulon have won all five Heineken Cup games this season - their only ERC loss in their last 11 games was 18-21 to Biarritz in last season's Amlin Challenge Cup final at the Twickenham Stoop.
- Toulon have won two of their last three away games against French clubs in ERC competition.
- Toulon are the top metre-makers in the Heineken Cup, averaging 584m per match.