7 Jun, 15:39
ERC can confirm that the Federation Française de Rugby (FFR) has withdrawn its application to host the 2014 Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup finals, due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the availability of the Stade de France.
Elvis Seveali'i, the Samoan international wing who marked his Bath Rugby debut with a try after just 10 seconds in the victory over Saracens, has been submitted to ERC for registration as an additional player to play in the two legs of the PARKER PEN CHALLENGE CUP semi-final - against Saracens - next month.
The 24-year-old, who has scored nine tries in 12 Tests for Samoa, came on as a replacement against Saracens and promptly produced a 70-metre solo effort try that earned Bath a priceless Zurich Premiership bonus point.
Under ERC regulations, the teams who win places in the Heineken Cup quarter-finals, PARKER PEN CHALLENGE CUP semi-finals and PARKER PEN SHIELD semi-finals can register two additional players in any position as well as replacing a front row forward with another player qualified to play in the front row.
The deadline for these registrations is 21 MARCH and the players must not have been nominated in a match squad by any other team in any of the three 2002 / 2003 ERC tournaments.
In addition to Seveali'i, Bath - the 1998 Heineken Cup champions - have registered fit again Gareth Delve, the Wales under 19 captain and No 8 while replacing long term injury victim Simon Emms among their pool of props with England under 21 international Matthew Stevens.
A newly registered player is only registered when he has complied with the following criteria by 21 March, 2003:
1) Player must have IRB clearance if coming to the club from another Union
2) The club must ensure the player is properly and fully registered with the Union of the club
3) The player does not have a contract with any other Rugby Union body that would prevent him from playing with the club until the end of the tournament
4) The player has not been named in the match day 22 for any other club in any competition organised by ERC in the 2002 / 2003 season
5) It is the club's responsibility to ensure all of the criteria above are met