7 Jun, 15:39
ERC can confirm that the Federation Française de Rugby (FFR) has withdrawn its application to host the 2014 Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup finals, due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the availability of the Stade de France.
ERC (European Rugby Cup Ltd)
Position: Communications Executive
Organisation: ERC (European Rugby Cup Ltd)
Reports to: ERC Communications Manager.
About the ERC:
ERC is the organising body of the European club rugby tournaments; the Heineken Cup and the European Challenge Cup. Established in 1995 and based in Dublin, the organisation has contributed to the growth and development of European professional club rugby.
About the ERC Communications Function:
The Communication function within ERC manages ERC and tournament communications with relevant international media and ERC's target publics. The Communications Team works alongside external agencies and the marketing function.
ercrugby.com is a critical communications tool within ERC's communications function. The site aims to be the definitive source of information for the public, media and other stakeholders, with regard to ERC, the Heineken Cup and European Challenge Cup. The site currently offers content in English, French and Italian.
Job Description of Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Support role in the development and implementation of ERC's Media and communications campaigns
• Provide support at press conferences and other media events
• Managing promotions with media outlets across print, radio, TV and new media.
• Event Manager role at ERC tournament matches.
• Media Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Management and editing of ercrugby.com.
• Liaising with website and content suppliers to ensure the continued development and growth of the site.
• Identification and implementation of new initiatives to improve ercrugby.com's offering.
• Generating and refreshing content including news stories, polls, competitions, features and multimedia content. (English & French)
• Identifying and writing relevant news, interviews and feature articles.
• Management of online competitions such as Fantasy Rugby & Pick the Score.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (English & French)
• Strong Computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint and photoshop)
• Attention to detail and good organisation skills
• Creative, flexible, and enthusiastic - team player
Period of Assignment
This is a permanent position.
Ideal candidate for the position
The ideal candidate for the position will be a public relations, journalism or European language graduate with strong computer skills. The person would have an interest in rugby or sport, be an effective team player, a self starter and ability to perform a wide variety of tasks. Full training will be provided in the website content management system used by ERC. Very good written and spoken English, French and/or Italian is essential.
To apply for the position please send a CV and cover letter to:
3rd Floor Huguenot House
35-38 St. Stephen's Green